The strategic alliance with EVG Lufttechnik, German manufacturer of special industrial fans with over 40 years of experience in aerodynamics and production, provides know-how and a solid basis for company, product and project development and gives us the opportunity to offer our customers the best, most efficient and safest wind tunnels currently available. For skydiving wind tunnel fans, EVG introduced carbon fiber blades that - in terms of power, efficiency and flow quality – take each of our tunnels to a completely new level. Thanks to the large diameter and low RPM, our fans deliver excellent airflow quality with minimal noise and vibration. Being powered by either ABB or Siemens electric motors, these fans make the most reliable wind machines on the market with expected life span of 30+ years.
Con cada ventilador viene :
- Un conjunto de sensores y controladores de diagnóstico para vibración, temperatura, nivel de aceite y presión estática y dinámica
- Un sistema de lubricación automática.
- Un conjunto de amortiguadores de vibraciones
Conductos de plástico reforzado con fibra
Our FRP Composite Air Ducts made with highest degree of precision ensure smooth transitions between each part of the tunnel. Unlike metal and concrete FRP air ducts:
- Allow for more precisely shaped form and eliminate near wall turbulence - the primary cause of noise & vibration emissions, bringing wind tunnels to more demanding locations (e.g. shopping centres, or in proximity residential areas).
- Have sandwich structure absorbing sound waves rather than transmitting them down the loop and resulting in uncontrolled resonance peaks common for conventional air ducts, making flying pleasant and safe for children and staff.
- Improve overall aerodynamic design, therefore energy efficiency of the tunnel, significantly reducing operating costs and cooling expenses.
Turning vanes are the cornerstone of wind tunnel efficiency. Classic NASA research shows that up to 30% of energy losses in a tunnel may appear due to poor turning vane design, insufficient frequency within vanes assembly and inappropriate mounting. Most importantly turning vanes design may drastically affect the airflow quality both inducing and reducing the turbulence.
TunnelTech turning vanes are made from aviation grade extruded aluminium and calibrated with precision of microns. Unique X-large profile of our own design provides efficient direction change with virtually no disturbance to the airflow while reduced spacing in turning vanes acts honeycomb alike straightening the slightest airstream differences.
Our wind tunnels are equipped with outright ventilation that provides effective air exchange and airflow cooling without additional costs associated with HVAC appliance. Ventilation louvers replace up to 20% of circulating airflow volume with fresh air efficiently cooling the system in outside temperatures below 30C° leading to total energy consumption reduced by up to 30%.
Para climas cálidos y para reducir los niveles de ruido, recomendamos la adición de un sistema de enfriamiento activo.
Cámara de salto BASE
Honecomb is a cellular metallic structure which straightens the smallest irregularities in the flow creating virtually turbulent-free stream of air. This feature replicates highest uniformity of the airflow similar to real skydive. For implementation in our tunnels we utilise highest quality aviation-grade honeycombs made in Japan.