Depending on the space available for construction and local height regulations, you may choose between Single or Double Loop configurations. Both are technically identical, equally powerful & progressive.
In the heart of TunnelTech machines lie axial fans unlike any other.
With more than 40 years of experience in aerodynamic research and manufacturing EVG Group produces truly state-of-art propulsors exclusively for TunnelTech.
Due to extra large diameter and low RPMs our fans deliver outstanding quality of the airflow with minimum noise and vibration.
Equipped with carbon fibre blades and powered by Siemens electric motors these fans make the most reliable wind machines on the market with expected life span of 30+ years.
Every fan comes with:
- A set of diagnostic sensors and controllers for vibration, temperature, oil level, and static and dynamic pressure
- An automatic lubrication system
- A set of vibration dampers
FRP Composite Airducts
Our FRP Composite Air Ducts made with highest degree of precision ensure smooth transitions between each part of the tunnel. Unlike metal and concrete FRP air ducts:
- Allow for more precisely shaped form and eliminate near wall turbulence - the primary cause of noise & vibration emissions, bringing wind tunnels to more demanding locations (e.g. shopping centres, or in proximity residential areas).
- Have sandwich structure absorbing sound waves rather than transmitting them down the loop and resulting in uncontrolled resonance peaks common for conventional air ducts, making flying pleasant and safe for children and staff.
- Improve overall aerodynamic design, therefore energy efficiency of the tunnel, significantly reducing operating costs and cooling expenses.
Vanes are made from extruded aluminium, and are therefore light and sturdy. This reduces delivery and installation costs and simplifies duct construction overall.
In wind tunnels fitted with an Active Cooling System, the Vanes serve an additional purpose: they cool the air. End-to-end cavities in the Vanes are fitted with pipes carrying cold water. This chills the Vanes, which in turn chill the air.
The shape of the vane section is a unique engineering solution developed by us, which ensures high-efficiency air-turn. The precisely calibrated proportions and positioning of all duct components create an even airflow with no spurts or air pockets.
Turning vane dimensions are adjusted to each model. For Blow 4.5 Single and Blow 4.5 Double, we manufacture extra-large Vanes that are unique on the market.
Installed by sections:
Ventilation and Air Cooling
Because the air in the wind tunnel circulates within a closed loop, it needs to be kept fresh.
For hot climates, and to reduce noise levels, we recommend the addition of an Active Cooling System.
BASE Jumping Chamber
The Honeycomb is a cellular metallic structure which equalizes even small amounts of turbulence, making the air in the Flight Chamber maximally similar to the air encountered in the open sky, which normally differs from the air found in wind tunnels. In this way, the Honeycomb permits more precise training in manoeuvres like those involved in parachute jumps.
Our wind tunnels use the world’s highest-precision Honeycombs from Japanese manufacturer “Showa Aircraft”.