Depending on the space available for construction and local height regulations, you may choose between Single or Double Loop configurations. Both are technically identical, equally powerful & progressive.
In the heart of TunnelTech machines lie axial fans unlike any other.
With more than 40 years of experience in aerodynamic research and manufacturing EVG Group produces truly state-of-art propulsors exclusively for TunnelTech.
Due to extra large diameter and low RPMs our fans deliver outstanding quality of the airflow with minimum noise and vibration.
Equipped with carbon fibre blades and powered by Siemens electric motors these fans make the most reliable wind machines on the market with expected life span of 30+ years.
Every fan comes with:
- A set of diagnostic sensors and controllers for vibration, temperature, oil level, and static and dynamic pressure
- An automatic lubrication system
- A set of vibration dampers
FRP Composite Airducts
Our FRP Composite Air Ducts made with highest degree of precision ensure smooth transitions between each part of the tunnel. Unlike metal and concrete FRP air ducts:
- Allow for more precisely shaped form and eliminate near wall turbulence - the primary cause of noise & vibration emissions, bringing wind tunnels to more demanding locations (e.g. shopping centres, or in proximity residential areas).
- Have sandwich structure absorbing sound waves rather than transmitting them down the loop and resulting in uncontrolled resonance peaks common for conventional air ducts, making flying pleasant and safe for children and staff.
- Improve overall aerodynamic design, therefore energy efficiency of the tunnel, significantly reducing operating costs and cooling expenses.
Turning vanes are the cornerstone of wind tunnel efficiency. Classic NASA research shows that up to 30% of energy losses in a tunnel may appear due to poor turning vane design, insufficient frequency within vanes assembly and inappropriate mounting. Most importantly turning vanes design may drastically affect the airflow quality both inducing and reducing the turbulence.
TunnelTech turning vanes are made from aviation grade extruded aluminium and calibrated with precision of microns. Unique X-large profile of our own design provides efficient direction change with virtually no disturbance to the airflow while reduced spacing in turning vanes acts honeycomb alike straightening the slightest airstream differences.
Our wind tunnels are equipped with outright ventilation that provides effective air exchange and airflow cooling without additional costs associated with HVAC appliance. Ventilation louvers replace up to 20% of circulating airflow volume with fresh air efficiently cooling the system in outside temperatures below 30C° leading to total energy consumption reduced by up to 30%.
For hot climates, and to reduce noise levels, we recommend the addition of an Active Cooling System.
BASE Jumping Chamber
Honecomb is a cellular metallic structure which straightens the smallest irregularities in the flow creating virtually turbulent-free stream of air. This feature replicates highest uniformity of the airflow similar to real skydive. For implementation in our tunnels we utilise highest quality aviation-grade honeycombs made in Japan.